Estée Lauder and Softvision on stage together at DrupalCon in Nashville
They will present how to power the front end of 500+ sites globally for 18 beauty brands.
03 April 2018
Latest posts by Softvision Team
On April 10th, Estée Lauder Online, together with Softvision, will present at DrupalCon in Nashville.
DrupalCon unites experts from around the globe who create ambitious digital experiences. It also provides the stage for exploring the most ambitious and cutting-edge case studies, inspiring others to take their work to the next level.
This year our Softvisioners Greg Amaroso, Senior Engineer, and Jeff Kwok, Drupal Architect, will join Laura Leslie, Director of Production and Allison Messina, Senior Producer from Estée Lauder. Together, they’ll showcase how Estée Lauder Online successfully uses Drupal to power the front end of 500+ sites globally for 18 beauty brands.
The four speakers will share how flexible Drupal can be for extremely large-scale, complex, high-quality, global front-end implementations, as well as how a large enterprise can incorporate modern front-end technologies into a massive existing Drupal platform.
The session is titled: De-jquerying: Old School Decoupled Meets New School Components in Estee Lauder’s Global Platform and will include a guide on:
- How to support extremely complex front-end requirements of prestige beauty brands (Drupal 7, “Template Field” module as an early form of decoupled Drupal)
- How to support regional variations for global markets (code inheritance hierarchy, configurability)
- How we are incorporating React & empowering CMS users to manage content in decoupled React components (melding of Drupal 7 & template field with new React front end)
- Key challenges: front-end complexity, global scale, tight deadlines
- Key learnings: consolidation of code, configurability, training & code review, staying current with evolving technology
- Roadmap: React global rollout, considerations of decoupled frontends